Sunday 19 August 2007

Holy Zwischenzug Batman!!!

“I do.”

With these words I accept Pale Morning Dun’s offer to become his sidekick. However, I absolutely refuse to wear those green Robin mini-tights, as I have neither the upper thighs nor the testicles worthy enough to expose to the general public.


Nananana Nananana ZUG!!! (I use my knight to fork my opponent’s king and queen)

Nananana Nananana ZWANG!!! ( I skewer my opponent’s king and rook with my bishop)


On to more serious (or at least relevant) stuff. I was supposed to have finished the concentric circles drill by tonight (14 days are up). However, I’ve only done 12 rounds, hoping for another tonight.

Will take my mentor Pale’s advice and play a bit of chess as well. In particular, I’d like to have an established rating (as opposed to a provisional one) on FICS before I start my Circles. I also play on a correspondence site, I used to have 40-50 games going on simultaneously, but the games would take too long to finish, and it was difficult to keep track of where I was and what my plans were in each game. I think I’ll play a game or three on FICS on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I've been somewhat lax in my microdrill studies as well. I wouldn't feel too bad about it--it's only one element of the program. I've taken to just beginning each day's study with going over one of the concentric squares exercises (for example, the ones with the Rook). Then the next day I'll do the bishop, the next the knight, and then lastly the queen (yes, I know, that one's pretty easy). I am going to continue to do this weekly even as I begin the circles, just to keep it fresh in my mind.