Tuesday 7 August 2007

It's been a Hard Day's Knight (No wait, that's already been taken!)

Had a horrible day. Summer vacation’s not over yet (I’m a school teacher), so only had 2 hours of classes, and was expecting to spend a lot of time reading blogs (still need to get my priorities right apparently). Anyway, those two hours of classes were accompanied by over 3 hours stuck in the Dhaka traffic, wish I had a laptop.

Bad headache, but continued with my second day of microdrills. Noticed a few more mistakes from my “solutions” from yesterday, so dear readers, please ignore yesterday’s post, it’s official, it was all gibberish after all. For the real thing, visit Rise and Shine Knight's blog. Took me about 50 minutes to finish the microdrills this time, but given all my errors from yesterday, I have to wonder if I’m doing them correctly.

Had two cups of tea after midnight, headache gone, watched a couple of Simpsons episodes from Season 5, next up was The Boy Who Knew Too Much, reminded me of the Hitchcock movie, so decided to watch that instead. Halfway through the movie, remembered my new membership to FICS, so played my first game. Here it is, for those interested. Perhaps one day I’ll Play Like Tal and post some worthy images from my games. Anyway, if you want to play through it, here’s the details:

Farhadexists (UNR) vs. estepona (1553) --- Mon Aug 6, 12:55 PDT (that’s 1:55 A.M my time) 2007
Rated standard match, initial time: 15 minutes, increment: 0 seconds.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nd4 4. Nxd4 exd4 5. c3 dxc3 6. Nxc3 c6
7. Bc4 Nf6 8. e5 Qe7 9. Qe2 Ng8 10. O-O d5 11. Bd3 f6 12. Re1 fxe5
13. Qxe5 Qxe5 14. Rxe5+ Be7 15. Bc2 Nf6 16. d4 Ng4 17. Re2 Kf7
18. Bf4 g6 19. Rae1 Bf6 20. h3 Bxd4 21. hxg4 Bxg4 22. Re7+ Kf6
23. Rxb7 Bxc3 24. bxc3 Bf5 25. Be5+
{Black resigns} 1-0

Sorry, no annotations, I’ll try to finish the movie and go to sleep.

1 comment:

Blue Devil Knight said...

Season 5. One of the best.

For die-hard fans, the movie is very good, but the coloring detail is so vivid that the thing feels like a dream or hallucination sequence. I couldn't help but feel I was watching a dream sequence for the entire move (e.g., more colors used, shadows, etc, like when Homer has his hot chili pepper trip).